As for a recipe, how about this for an interesting idea?!
More seriously, I really like this take on a classic.
Japanese Beef Steak
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 1” thick New York steaks
- salt and white pepper
- Slice garlic thinly and set aside.
- Mix sugar, Soy Sauce, Sake, water in a bowl to make sauce. Set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the steaks.
- Heat frying pan at medium high heat and add oil. Add sliced garlic and cook until browned. Remove garlic from the pan.
- Add steaks to the same pan and cook about 2 minutes per side or however you like. Add the sauce, coating the meat with the sauce, and remove the meat from the pan. Reduce the sauce for a minute.
- Place the meat on a dish, pour the reduced sauce over them, then top with the garlic for garnish.