This is a ‘Sunday Roast’ with a hit of spice! Serve with, maybe, a pilau or baked potato and plain yoghurt.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 150g tomatoes
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp salt-seems a lot?
- 1.35 kg whole chicken
- Handful of chopped coriander for garnish
- Fry garlic and ginger for 2 mins
- Add the purée and cook for 2 mins
- Add toms, powders and salt and cook for 7 mins, stirring
- Make slits in the chicken and cover with the sauce.
- Cook chicken at190c for1 & 1/2 hrs. Make sure it’s well cooked-investigate well, it’s harder with a red sauce!
- Garnish, as you wish.