Our recipe from the good old days when we cooked nice meals for each other ;-)
- A good glug of vegetable oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Spice and lime juice paste (2tsp turmeric, 2tsp ground coriander, 2tsp cumin, ½ tsp chilli flakes, pinch ground ginger – mixed to a paste with the juice of half a lime)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- ½ litre stock (veg or chicken)
- Some bright veg (i.e. peppers/courgettes/mushrooms/broccoli – cut into thumb sized pieces)
- ½ can coconut milk (or more if you have made the sauce too spicy)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves/tsp dried coriander leaves
Take a wok/large saucepan. Cook the chopped onion in the oil. Add in the chicken pieces and brown them slightly. Pour in the spice and lime juice paste. Stir around over the heat to let the flavours infuse. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add in the stock and vegetables and cover and cook for 20-30 mins until the vegetables are tender. Taste and season as required with salt and pepper.
Just before serving stir through the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Throw in the coriander leaves at the end and a squeeze of lime juice.
Enjoy with a white wine spritzer (like me) or a beer (like Stefan).
Whoever cooks doesn’t have to wash up :-)