For the base
- 250g/8oz amaretti biscuits
- 50g/2oz butter (melted)
- 2oz plain chocolate – 50% cocoa solids (melted)
For the top
- 400g/14oz plain chocolate – 50% cocoa solids
- 14floz single cream
- 1.5 tsps finely grated orange rind
- 250ml/half a pint double cream to decorate
- Crush the amaretti biscuits and stir in the chocolate and butter.
- Press the mixture lightly into a spring clip tin, the base of which has been lined with cling film.
- Melt the 400g/14oz of chocolate. Whisk in the single cream and orange rind until mixture is thick and creamy. Pour on to base and refrigerate.
- Decorate with double cream and dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar at the last minute.