We’re already two months through our trip and can’t quite believe how fast the time is going. It’s too hard to choose, but here’s some of the highlights from month two (in chronological order):
- Penguin parade – Watching hordes of chubby penguins totter over the beach and squeal to their mates. So adorable.
- Bushwalking – Battling fallen trees and giant plantlife and braving the wildlife off-piste in the Dandenongs.
- The Red Centre – Sleeping under the stars, watching the sunrise and scaling the epic terrain at Uluru, Kata Tjuta and King’s Canyon.
- Blue mountains – Being happy campers in our hardy new tent as the worst storm in a decade gathered pace outside, and rock climbing to breathtaking views when the sun finally came out.
- Anzac Day – Men in uniform everywhere you look, and people singing nostalgically about the “white cliffs of Dover” – despite being some 10,000 miles away.