Serve with mash potatoes (and a nice glass of red of course).
- Medium onion, chopped
- 4 Cumberland sausages
- 100g streaky bacon rashers cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes chunky chopped
- Tin of kidney beans (drained)
- Chilli flakes (optional amount)
- fresh thyme
- Chicken stock cube
- 200ml water
- Brown sausages in frying pan (approx 5 mins).
- Remove sausages and put bacon in frying pan to brown
- Then add onion to pan and garlic. Soften.
- Add chilli flakes (optional how many)
- Return sausages.
- Add tomatoes and water, crumble in stock cube.
- Simmer 15ish mins or until sauce becomes thick and sausages are cooked through.
- Add the beans, stir a bit till they’re piping hot.
- Finally sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves (and season with s&p to taste).
Sometimes I’m lazy and don’t bother with the garlic, chilli or stock and sort of just shove it all in to fry together before adding the tomatoes and water, and it still tastes nom! Good sausages are key!