I hope you aren’t overwhelmed with cake recipes already (this one is a Morris family classic)!
serves approx. 8
- 110g margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g sultanas (optional)
- 3 apples – peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Cream the fat and sugar until it is fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sieved flour and cinnamon, and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Add the fruit, with a little milk if the mixture is stiff.
- Bake in a greased 20cm tin (lined at the base) for 45 minutes, until golden and firm.
- When it is cool, dust the cake with either icing or caster sugar.
- The cake is best served with Greek yoghurt, but is also nice with ice cream, cream etc. (or on its own, of course!)