My recipe is so easy it is not true and one for a no churn Margarita Ice Cream. It originates from Nigella Lawson and we were given it a lunch party two weeks ago. I made it a couple of days ago and it is so delicious. Here we go.
- 125 ml lime juice, just from a bottle
- 2 tablespoons of Tequila
- 3 tablespoons of Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 150 grams of icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 500 ml double cream
- Pour the lime juice, tequila and Cointreau into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cream and then softy whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
- Spoon this into an airtight container to freeze overnight. This ice cream does not need softening before serving, as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously!
You can serve it with a selection of mixed berries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc. Or it goes nicely with any sort of tart. Dead easy indeed. Good luck with it.